Friday 3 December 2010

_Testing on Background

Responding to one of the comments I received last tutorial, I tested out some possibilities in the backdrop of "Des(hopping)ire Land" - to make the film more dynamic and spatial.


Background Test 01 from Vivian Cheung on Vimeo.

Having the backdrop in motion itself, indeed, increased the dynamic. However, I think the current backdrop is not good enough to show the jubilee in shopping - therefore, I tried another route.


Background Test 02 from Vivian Cheung on Vimeo.

I think this one is much better than Test 01 in terms of spatial quality and atmospheric expression. The ecstasy in shopping is the feeling of lost in the bubbles of fanciness.


Background Test 03 from Vivian Cheung on Vimeo.

I tried to change the scale and orientation of it (just like what I did as well in my previous films - to look for different qualities of space) and decided to use a range of variation to achieve the goal [dynamic . spatiality . jubilee]. Right now, the backdrop is too wobbly, I will have to shoot some more footages later.

No comments:

Post a Comment