Thursday 9 December 2010

_coloured or not . testing

_Taking the comments from Tuesday's tutorial, I tested out again about the potential of the background. [Originally I just planned to prove that "mono-tone" is better.] Thinking to give "coloured-tone" a last chance, I tried a little bit more this time - by altering the colours along with the timeline; and to my surprise, I like it more. Having colours with the real footage does not only display well "the idea: lost in city of lights [taking lights as desire metaphorically]", but also add a bit of joyfulness to the film [I hope it's a bit fancy with a bit of seriousness]. I guess now my decision is re-made.


Monotone Test from Vivian Cheung on Vimeo.


General Overall Atmospheric Test from Vivian Cheung on Vimeo.

_Apart from testing the colour, the above test also serves as an estimate of the final atmospheric version of my film [of course, with more characters, more footages and more effects]. And, lessons learnt: 1) The speed seems a bit too fast, I shall make some adjustment at the end. 2) It is extremely time-consuming and computer starts to run slow, I'd better find some ways to increase my speed (e.g. in terms of workflow)

No comments:

Post a Comment